Aldean, Bentley, Lambert lead ACM performers
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
– Jason Aldean, Kelsea Ballerini, Dierks Bentley, Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line + Bebe Rexha, Miranda Lambert, Maren Morris and Thomas Rhett were the first artists announced to perform at the 53rd Academy of Country Music Awards in April.
More performers will be announced in the coming weeks.
The ACMs will be held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, April 15 at 8 p.m. eastern/Pacific on CBS. Reba McEntire will host for the 15th time and for the first time since she co-hosted with Blake Shelton in 2012.
More news for Academy of Country Music
- 12/03/19: ACM Lifting Lives announces concerts
- 09/23/19: Stapleton receives ACM honor
- 05/28/19: Brooks & Dunn, Lambert, Musgraves, McBride take ACM honors
- 05/20/19: ACM announces early winners
- 04/07/19: ACMs: Urban wins Entertainer of the Year
- 04/02/19: Bryan, Shelton, Urban, Old Dominion added to ACM live performances
- 03/25/19: Combs, LANCO, McBrydew take ACM honors
- 03/12/19: Strait, Lambert, McEntire, Stapleton perform at ACMs
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: With or without band, Isbell satisfies
Usually, when an artist performs without his regular backing band, it becomes about mathematics of subtraction. That artist is armed with far fewer artistic weapons at his/her disposal, after all. In Jason Isbell's case, though, when he performed with just his wife and fiddler Amanda Shires, it was more about substitution than subtraction.... »»»
Concert Review: Grammy nominations aside, Yola, Kiah are the real deal
Grammy nominations do not make the artist, but Yola and opener Amythyst Kiah underscored time and again on this night that the honors were well deserved.
In fact, Yola and Kiah's other group, Our Native Daughters, are nominated in the same category - Best American Roots. Yola has three other nominations as well.
The clear winners... »»»
Follow Country Standard Time
Elsewhere in the news
Currently at the CST blogs
When recording its album "Play the Hits," The Mavericks approached this covers album in much the same way the band creates any of its other studio albums. "Above all, we're always trying to reach a certain musical bar that we... »»»
The release of "Onward," his eighth studio album, finds veteran Texas Music/Red Dirt artist Stoney Larue at a crossroads. After almost two decades on the road, playing 200 shows a year across America and abroad, he has had success... »»»