Friday, February 6, 2015
– Soulful singer Chris Stapleton, who also has enjoyed a solid songwriting career, will be out with his debut in May.
"Traveler" is dropping on Mercury Nashville on May 5 with 14 songs. He helped write all but two of the songs. Stapleton also will be on tour with dates from March through June including a dozen with Little Big Town.
Recorded at Nashville's RCA Studio A (with additional production at The Castle and Blackbird Studio),"Traveller" was produced by Dave Cobb (Sturgill Simpson, Jason Isbell) and recorded by Vance Powell (Jack White). In addition to renditions of Dean Dillon and Linda Hargrove's "Tennessee Whiskey" and Don Sampson's "Was It 26," the album features 12 original songs. Stapleton recently returned to RCA Studio A to record a new version of "Sometimes I Cry" live - to - tape in front of an audience. The track is currently being mastered and will be added to the final track - listing very shortly.
"This record was made standing on the shoulders of friends, family, and heroes," Stapleton said. "I hope people enjoy listening to it as much as I've enjoyed making it."
Stapleton has penned more than 170 album cuts, including songs recorded by Adele, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley and Dierks Bentley, and has such co-writers as Vince Gill, Peter Frampton and Sheryl Crow.
Stapleton was nominated for "Song of the Year" at the 2015 ACM Awards for "Drink A Beer" (co - written by Jim Beavers and recorded by Luke Bryan) - his fifth career number one single.
As lead vocalist for bluegrass band The SteelDrivers, Stapleton earned three Grammy nominations including "Best Bluegrass Album," as well as an International Bluegrass Music Association Award for "Emerging Artist of the Year." He's also won eight ASCAP Awards and has contributed to the soundtracks of several feature films including "Cars 2" and "Valentine's Day."
Songs on the CD are:
1. Traveller (Chris Stapleton)
2. Fire Away (Chris Stapleton and Danny Green)
3. Tennessee Whiskey (Dean Dillon and Linda Hargrove)
4. Parachute (Chris Stapleton and Jim Beavers)
5. Whiskey And You (Chris Stapleton and Lee Thomas Miller)
6. Nobody To Blame (Chris Stapleton, Barry Bales and Ronnie Bowman)
7. More Of You (Chris Stapleton and Ronnie Bowman)
8. When The Stars Come Out (Chris Stapleton and Dan Wilson)
9. Daddy Doesn't Pray Anymore (Chris Stapleton)
10. Might As Well Get Stoned (Chris Stapleton and Jimmy Stewart)
11. Was It 26 (Don Sampson)
12. The Devil Named Music (Chris Stapleton)
13. Outlaw State Of Mind (Chris Stapleton, Ronnie Bowman and Jerry Salley)
To be determined. Sometimes I Cry (Chris Stapleton and Clint Ingersoll)
Tour dates are:
March 5 - Savannah, GA - Johnny Mercer Theatre*
March 6 - Birmingham, AL - BJCC Concert Hall*
March 8 - Chattanooga, TN - Soldiers and Sailors Mem. Auditorium*
March 12 - Evansville, IL - Aiken Theatre*
March 13 - Louisville, KY - Louisville Palace Theater*
March 14 - Muncie, IN - Emens Auditorium*
March 19 - Davenport, IA - Adler Theatre*
March 20 - St. Louis, MO - Fabulous Fox Theatre*
March 21 - Tulsa, OK - Hard Rock Hotel and Casino*
March 26 - Duluth, MN - AMSOIL Arena*
March 27 - Sioux City, IA - Orpheum Theatre*
March 28 - Enid, OK - Enid Events Center*
April 30 - Boston, MA - TD Garden **
May 2 - New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
May 20 - Lincoln, NE - Pinnacle Bank Arena **
May 22 - Rapid City, SD - Rushmore Plaza Civic Center **
June 26 - New York, NY - Farmborough Festival
June 27 - Dover, DE - Big Barrel Country Music Festival
* with Little Big Town
** with Eric Church