Clarkson, Crow, Brice hand out awards
Sunday, November 3, 2013
– Lee Brice, Kelly Clarkson, Sheryl Crow, Brett Eldredge, Eli Young Band, Kip Moore, Jake Owen, Kellie Pickler, "Nashville's" Connie Britton and Charles Esten, "Pretty Little Liars's" Lucy Hale, and "Duck Dynasty's" Willie and Korie Robertson and Jase and Missy Robertson are scheduled to present trophies during the CMA Awards on Wednesday.
The awards will start at 8 p.m. and be held in Nashville.
More news for Country Music Association
- 11/13/19: Musgraves, Lil Nas X take home early CMA honors
- 11/13/19: Walsh joins CMA line-up
- 11/13/19: Brooks wins CMA's biggest honor
- 11/05/19: Kristofferson receives CMA Willie Nelson award honor
- 11/04/19: Gill, Mattea, Midland, McBride named as CMA presenters
- 10/29/19: Brooks, Musgraves, Nelson, B&D to perform at CMAs
- 10/23/19: Church, Stapleton, Combs, Lambert set to perform at CMAs
- 10/15/19: CMA visits Twin Cities with songwriters series
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: Rising Appalachia buck the mainsteam, and that's fine with them
Rising Appalachia would not be accused of being in the musical mainstream. Not too many bands who combine folk and Appalachian sounds with new world music could possibly be.
And that suits the sister-led duo of Chloe Smith and Leah Song just fine. In fact, at one point, Chloe made it clear she did not embrace radio play as a sign of success... »»»
Concert Review: Bingham plays with something to prove
Ryan Bingham mainly focused on songs from his sixth album "American Love Song," for this lively show. Backed by a supportive band that also included two female backup singers and a fiddler, Bingham's eclectic setlist touched upon country, singer/songwriter folk, rock and blues.
Bingham reached for lively country sounds early on, with... »»»