Tuesday, June 12, 2012
– Corb Lund will give listeners a dose of "Cabin Fever," when he releases his next disc on Aug. 14 on New West Records.
The Canadian singer's 2009 U.S. debut, "Losin' Lately Gambler," earned him an Americana Music Award nomination for New & Emerging Artist.
"Chaos and irreverence informs the way I write. I'm also drawn to harmony and chord choices that are outside the norms of country," said Lund.
Hayes Carll joins Lund on the humorous Bible on the Dash, for which he flew to Alberta, Canada to co-write and record in person.
Lund and his band The Hurtin' Albertans did with very little overdubbing. Lund said, "Some of my favorite records are really raw and feel casual and real. We didn't use a click track. There's cohesion with a band that plays live together so much and has been together for 10 years."
A Juno Award winner who has multiple Canadian Gold Records, Lund also won the Canadian Country Music Awards Roots Artist of the Year seven times running.
Songs on the CD are:
1. Gettin' Down On The Mountain
2. Dig Gravedigger Dig
3. Bible On The Dash
5. Mein Deutsches Motorrad
6. Cows Around
7. (You Ain't A Cowboy) If You Ain't Been Bucked Off
8. Drink It Like You Mean It
9. Priceless Antique Pistol Shoots Startled Owner
10. The Gothest Girl I Can
11. One Left In The Chamber
12. Pour 'Em Kinda Strong