The Grascals slate new CD on Cracker Barrel
Monday, December 6, 2010
– The Grascals will release their next disc in early January on Cracker Barrel. This is the first release through the restaurant chain for the bluegrass band after four albums on Rounder.
"The Grascals & Friends - Country Classics With A Bluegrass Spin" will be out Jan. 11, 2011 at all Cracker Barrel stores. The CD has 13 country music songs that should sound familiar. Among the songs are Tiger By the Tail with Brad Paisley and Folsom Prison Blues with Dierks Bentley. Charlie Daniels and Dolly Parton also play on the disc.
A bonus track, I Am Strong, was written by Grascals band member Jamie Johnson and his wife Susanne Mumpower-Johnson along with Jenee Fleenor after The Grascals visited the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and were inspired by the stories and power of the children being treated there. The song brings together vocals from all of the artists who also appear separately with the Grascals on other tracks on this CD. Cracker Barrel is donating a percentage of the proceeds from this CD to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
The track listing is:
1. Tiger By The Tail (with Brad Paisley)
2. Folsom Prison Blues (with Dierks Bentley)
3. Pain of Lovin' You (with Dolly Parton)
4. I Am Strong (with Dolly Parton)
5. Louisiana Saturday Night
6. The Year That Clayton Delaney Died (with Tom T. Hall)
7. White Lightning (with Darryl Worley)
8. The Devil Went Down To Georgia (with Charlie Daniels)
9. Leavin' Louisiana In Broad Daylight (with The Oak Ridge Boys)
10. Mr. Bojangles (with Joe Nichols)
11. Hank Williams Jr. Medley-Born To Boogie / All My Rowdy Friends Are Comin' Over Tonight
12. Cracker Barrel Swing (Instrumental)
13. I Am Strong (Bonus Track) Featuring guest appearances by Dolly Parton, The Oak Ridge Boys, Darryl Worley, Charlie Daniels, Terri Clark, Randy Owen, Steven Seagal, Tom T. Hall, Joe Nichols and Ansley McLaurin
Cracker Barrel has released many CDs, including by Dolly Parton, Alison Krauss, Josh Turner, Dailey & Vincent and Zac Brown Band.
More news for The Grascals
CD reviews for The Grascals
The Grascals woke up early, well "Before Breakfast" to serve up a generous 12-course meal of hearty bluegrass with a little bit of gospel mixed in for spice. The result is tasty, another recipe that shows why the band has been nominated for multiple Grammy awards.
New radio single "Sleeping With the Reaper" opens the release with a strong vocal performance from John Bryan. He handles nearly half of the lead vocal responsibilities including, "Delia" and gospel tune ...
One of bluegrass music's strongest and most engaging performing groups, Nashville's The Grascals have consistently freshened traditional sounds with modern, progressive elements. Their Rounder albums were impressive with each an excellent introduction to the group. More recently, the band has occasionally faltered by producing music lacking distinction. Albums have been uneven in both song selection and execution. The Grascals have attempted to broaden their appeal in ways detrimental to ...
The Grascals 2005 debut was surprisingly powerful, and Me and John and Paul continues to be their most singularly heartfelt recording. Which isn't to suggest that the sextet has failed to meet commercial and artistic standards with subsequent recordings. The Grascals have delivered high-quality songs and albums, at times appealingly frivolous, as on the joyously lighthearted e.p., "Dance Til Your Stocking are Hot and Ravelin'."
As ably as few other bluegrass bands, The ...