Rock Band goes country
Friday, May 15, 2009
– Artists ranging from Shania Twain to Steve Earle will be in Rock Band for the country video fans. Harmonix, the Massachusetts developer of music-based games and MTV Games, will release Rock Band Country Track Pack on July 21 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 2 and 3, and Wii.
"Rock Band loves country music too, and these tracks are among the most fun to play of any we've released to date," said Paul DeGooyer, Senior Vice President of Electronic Games & Music for MTV Networks Music Group. "We've received a ton of requests from fans to bring more country to the game, and our artist partners responded. We're very excited to be able to offer this set, featuring some of the greatest songs ever recorded."
The game will feature 21 songs. Many of the tracks will be exclusive to the Rock Band Country Track Pack disc for a limited time before joining the Rock Band Music Store as downloadable content. Additional artists and songs from the track list will be announced in the coming months.
The 13 confirmed songs so far are:
1. Alan Jackson Good Time
2. Brooks & Dunn Hillbilly Deluxe
3. Dierks Bentley Free & Easy (Down the Road I Go)
4. Dixie Chicks Sin Wagon
5. Drive-By Truckers 3 Dimes Down
6. Jason Aldean She's Country
7. Kenny Chesney She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy
8. Kenny Rogers The Gambler
9. Lucinda Williams Can't Let Go
10. Martina McBride This One's For the Girls
11. Rascal Flatts Me and My Gang
12. Shania Twain Any Man of Mine
13. Steve Earle Satellite Radio