Nelson nominated for Rock & RolL Hall of Fame
Nelson and seven others will appear on the ballot for the first time. The other are Sheryl Crow, Missy Elliott, Joy Division/New Order, Cyndi Lauper, George Michael, The White Stripes and Warren Zevon.
"This remarkable list of nominees reflects the diverse artists and music that the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame honors and celebrates," said Chairman John Sykes.
The Hall of Fame has a total of 352 inductees with 10 being country artists: Chet Atkins, Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys, Johnny Cash, Floyd Cramer, Brenda Lee, Bill Monroe, Carl Perkins, Jimmie Rodgers, Hank Williams Sr. and Dolly Parton, who was inducted last year.
Fans can vote daily through April 29 - Nelson's birthday.
Inductees will be announced in May with the Induction Ceremony coming this fall.
More news for Willie Nelson
- 05/16/23: Willie's 90th goes to the silver screen
- 05/03/23: Nelson, Crow, Wray to join Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
- 05/02/23: Nelson celebrates 90th in style
- 04/28/23: Strings gets "California Sober" with Willie
- 04/26/23: Church, Hunt, King, Lovett play Willie benefit
- 04/26/23: Nelson extends Outlaw Music Festival Tour
- 03/23/23: Nelson receives LBJ Foundation honor
- 03/14/23: Willie's Outlaw Music Fest returns
CD reviews for Willie Nelson
©Country Standard Time • Jeffrey B. Remz, editor & publisher • email@example.com
About • Copyright • Newsletter • Our sister publication Standard Time