Wednesday, June 15, 2022
– Ingrid Andress has announced her sophomore album, "Good Person," will be out Aug. 26.
Andress released "Pain" today from the upcoming album alongside a music video directed by Olivia Bee.
Andress' second album features 12 tracks, all of which were co-written and co-produced by Andress. Sam Ellis produced all of the songs except for "No Choice" with AJ Pruis producing.
"Making this album was one of the most painful processes I've ever been through, but it was also the brightest and the best," Andress said. "The first album was me trying to discover who I was as an artist, but the last two years forced me to really sink into what my reality was and what I was feeling. It led me to what this album is, which is me realizing I wasn't happy and that I needed to fix it."
"This album not only helped me grow as a person, but also as a producer. I realized how scared a lot of people are to push boundaries and how I am not, that's my bread and butter," she said. "Isn't that the goal, to discover new things? What are we doing here if we're not trying to make new art?"
"Sometimes you find yourself in situations where you know it's going to hurt terribly, but you have to go through with it," Andress said. "This song is a reminder that it's okay to feel sad and unhappy, but it won't always be that way. In a way, 'Pain' is the crux of the album, transitioning from the dark to the light. Writing this song was really a cathartic experience, and it made me feel understood, like I was listening to myself."
Good Person will also feature the recently released song "Seeing Someone Else" and the title track, which Andress performed on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
Andress' debut, "Lady Like" produced the hits "More Hearts Than Mine" and the titletrack.
The track.list is:
1. Good Person – writers Ingrid Andress, Steph Jones and Sam Ellis
2. Yearbook – written by Ingrid Andress, Pete Good, Shane McAnally and Derrick Southerland
3. Seeing Someone Else – written by Ingrid Andress, Derrick Southerland and Jesse Frasure
4. Talk – written by Ingrid Andress , Alex Stacey , Tommy Gee, David Fremberg and Mich Hansen
5. How Honest Do You Want Me to Be? – written by Ingrid Andress, Sam Ellis and Derrick Southerland
6. No Choice – written by Ingrid Andress, AJ Pruis and Derrick Southerland
Produced by: Ingrid Andress & AJ Pruis
7. Pain - written by Ingrid Andress, Laura Veltz and Sam Ellis
8. Feel Like This – written by Ingrid Andress, Julia Michaels and Sam Elli
9. Blue - written by Ingrid Andress, Sam Ellis, Derrick Southerland and Shane McAnally
10. Falling For You - writers Ingrid Andress, Steph Jones and Sam Ellis
11. All the Love written by Ingrid Andress, Derrick Southerland and Sam Ellis
12. Things That Haven't Happened Yet - written by Ingrid Andress, Derrick Southerland and Sam Ellis