Plant, Krauss "Raise the Roof"
"Finally the doors are open and after 14 years here's a sequel to Raising Sand. Full of interesting curves and great musicality in the company of great musicians, we "Raise the Roof," Plant tweeted today.
"We wanted it to move," Krauss said. "We brought other people in, other personalities within the band, and coming back together again in the studio brought a new intimacy to the harmonies."
"You hear something and you go, 'Man, listen to that song, we got to sing that song.' It's a vacation, really — the perfect place to go that you least expected to find," said Plant.
The first single, which came out today, is "Can't Let Go" with a retro feel. Lucinda Williams released the song in 1998. The Plant/Krauss version sounds very much in the mode of the music on "Raising Sand."
T-Bone Burnett, who also worked with Plant and Krauss on "Raising Sand," produced. The disc features songs by Merle Haggard, Allen Toussaint, the Everly Brothers and Bert Jansch. Krauss and Plant contributed the original "High and Lonesome."
Musicians included drummer Jay Bellerose, guitarists Marc Ribot, David Hidalgo of Los Lobos, Bill Frisell and Buddy Miller, bassists Dennis Crouch and Viktor Krauss, Alison's brother, and pedal steel guitarist Russ Pahl.
The track list is:
1. Quattro (World Drifts In)
2. The Price of Love
3. Go Your Way
4. Trouble With My Lover
5. Searching for My Love
6. Can't Let Go
7. It Don't Bother Me
8. You Led Me to the Wrong
9. Last Kind Words Blues
10. High and Lonesome
11. Going Where the Lonely Go
12. Somebody Was Watching Over Me
The two expect to tour in 2022.
More news for Alison Krauss
- 07/20/21: Krauss, Morris, Stonemans to join Bluegrass Hall
- 11/13/19: Nelson, Krauss play MerleFest 2020
- 06/19/17: Krauss, Gray tour together
- 02/26/17: Krauss leads country pack on Billboard
- 02/17/17: Krauss is back, leading new release pack
- 01/09/17: Krauss goes solo
- 02/08/14: Krauss, Nelson announce joint tour
- 07/05/13: Opry honors Krauss
CD reviews for Alison Krauss
©Country Standard Time • Jeffrey B. Remz, editor & publisher • email@example.com
About • Copyright • Newsletter • Our sister publication Standard Time