Thursday, July 22, 2021
– Natalie Hemby, a member of The Highwomen and songwriter with credits for Miranda Lambert and Kacey Musgraves, will release "Pins and Needles" on Oct. 5 on her debut release for Fantasy Records.
"Pins and Needles is the record I never got the chance to make and I always wanted to," said Hemby. "It's the late 90's sound, which is the sound of my young adult life."
Since signing her first publishing deal at 19, Hemby has penned songs for Maren Morris, Sheryl Crow, Lady Gaga, Yola, Dierks Bentley, Rag'n'Bone Man, Lady A, Kelly Clarkson and Little Big Town.
Hemby, an Illinois native, released the first song from the release, "Heroes." Written by Hemby with Jeff Trot and Aaron Raitiere, and produced by her husband and collaborator Mike Wrucke, the song explores the dark side of fame and the true colors behind those put on a pedestal.
The track list is:
1. Heroes (Natalie Hemby, Jeff Trot, Aaron Raitiere)
2. New Madrid (Natalie Hemby, Rose Cousins)
3. Pins and Needles (Natalie Hemby, TJ Osborne, John Osborne)
4. Lake Air (Natalie Hemby, Jedd Hughes, KS Rhodes)
5. Hardest Part About Business (Natalie Hemby, Sunny Sweeney, Joanna Janet)
6. Banshee (Natalie Hemby, Miranda Lambert)
7. Radio Silence (Natalie Hemby, Rosi Golan, Daniel Tashian)
8. Heart Condition (Natalie Hemby, Maren Morris)
9. Pinwheel (Natalie Hemby, Barry Dean, Madison Kozak)
10. It Takes One To Know One (Natalie Hemby, Miranda Lambert, Kelly Archer)
11. Last Resort (Natalie Hemby, Jabe Beyer)
"Heroes" marks Hemby's first new music since joining forces with Brandi Carlile, Amanda Shires and Morris as The Highwomen to release their self-titled album in 2019. As a result, Hemby earned a Country Song of the Year GRAMMY®, following her first GRAMMY win for Best Song Written for Visual Media for Lady Gaga's "I'll Never Love Again," from "A Star Is Born," among five career nominations.
Hemby's first album was "Puxico," released in 2017.