Wednesday, June 2, 2021
– On the 35th Anniversary of the original release of "Storms of Life," Randy Travis has announced a remastered version of his triple-Platinum, genre-defining debut album with the addition of never-before-heard tracks coming this fall.
"Storms of Life (35th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) will be released Sept. 24. The album will include remastered versions of all 10 original tracks plus three unreleased songs found in the vault.
"Storms of Life" is credited with redefining the country music genre back to its roots. His first of five consecutive number one albums, the disc paved the way for Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Clint Black and others. It has sold more than three million copies, earned Randy Travis induction into the Grand Ole Opry and helped him win the Academy of Country Music's Top New Male Vocalist, Top Male Vocalist, Album of the Year and Single of the Year ("On The Other Hand") as well as the Country Music Association's Horizon Award. The album was released in 1986 by Warner Bros. Records and the 35th Anniversary Deluxe Edition will be released by Warner Music Nashville.
"I love the timeless lyrics and the traditional country instruments, like steel guitar, banjo, piano, fiddle," Travis said. "It was music I believed in, that told a story I wanted to share. We were fortunate to have a large catalog of songs to choose from that were more traditional. At the time, people and radio really weren't playing this kind of music. Most people were recording more of an urban cowboy sound, so I got to choose from the best of the best, cream of the crop. It was exciting for all of us to get back to our roots."
Storms of Life (35th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) track listing:
1. "On The Other Hand" (Paul Overstreet, Don Schlitz)
2. "The Storms of Life" (Max D. Barnes, Troy Seals)
3. "My Heart Cracked (But It Did Not Break)" (Ronny Scaife, Don Singleton, Phil Thomas)
4. "Diggin' Up Bones" (Al Gore, Paul Overstreet, Nat Stuckey)
5. "No Place Like Home" (Paul Overstreet)
6. "1982" (Buddy Blackmon, Vip Vipperman)
7. "Send My Body" (Randy Travis)
8. "Messin' With My Mind" (Joseph Allen, Charlie Williams)
9. "Reasons I Cheat" (Randy Travis)
10. "There'll Always Be A Honky Tonk Somewhere" (Steve Clark, Johnny MacRae)
"Ain't No Use"
*All tracks were produced by Kyle Lehning, except "On The Other Hand" and "Reasons I Cheat" produced by Lehning and Keith Stegall.