Runaway June announces debut
Produced by Dann Huff and Ross Copperman, the album contains the single "Buy My Own Drinks."
"June has always had a special meaning to our band," said Jennifer Wayne, one-third of the female trio. "The name Runaway June is symbolic of the many pivotal moments in our lives and career that happen in the month of June. It's only fitting that our first album comes out in June."
Since Naomi Cooke, Hannah Mulholland and Wayne formed four years ago, Runaway June has become the first all-female trio in more than a decade to earn three Top 40 hits.
"We've been together for four years now, but this is our debut album," said Mulholland. "We really harmonized as a band through songwriting and being out on the road, so I feel like, through that journey we were able to learn more about ourselves as people - as women, as performers, as artists - and figure out what we wanted to say, all of that is reflected in these songs."
"The album has many different faces, and it really represents all the sides of who we are. Our songs are deeply country," said Cooke. "We aimed to make a compelling record that displays our character, personality and where our heart is. That's why 'Blue Roses' is the title track. It's a deeply personal song we wrote several years ago, but have kept for something special."
The title track was co-written by Wayne and Cooke along with Caroline Cutbirth and Marcus Hummon in the wake of Cooke's loss of a family member.
"Buy My Own Drinks," co-written by all three Runaway June members along with Hillary Lindsey and Josh Kear, is currently Top 25 on the chart.
Runaway June is on the road through the fall, supporting Carrie Underwood on the Cry Pretty Tour 360.
The track listing is:
1. "Head Over Heels" - (Hannah Mulholland, Jennifer Wayne, Naomi Cooke, Tommy Cecil, Jared Mullins)
2. "Buy My Own Drinks" - (Hannah Mulholland, Jennifer Wayne, Naomi Cooke, Hillary Lindsey, Josh Kear)
3. "We Were Rich" - (Ross Copperman, Ashley Gorley, Nicolle Galyon)
4. "I Know the Way" - (Hannah Mulholland, Jennifer Wayne, Naomi Cooke, Emily Shackelton, Ben West)
5. "Trouble with This Town" - (Jennifer Wayne, Naomi Cooke, Chris DeStefano, Liz Rose)
6. "Got Me Where I Want You" - (James Slater, Kat Higgins, Justin Morgan)
7. "Fast as You" - (Dwight Yoakam)
8. "I Am Too" - (busbee, Corey Crowder, Liz Rose)
9. "Good, Bad & Ugly" - (Hannah Mulholland, Jennifer Wayne, Naomi Cooke, Jacob Attwooll, Samuel Roman)
10."Blue Roses" - (Caroline Cutbirth, Jennifer Wayne, Naomi Cooke, Marcus Hummon)
More news for Runaway June
- 02/24/22: Cooke exits Runaway June
- 08/20/21: Wanda Jackson, Simpson, McMurtry, Booth, Williams lead new releases
- 08/13/21: Runaway June tells the "backstory"
- 10/16/20: McCollum, SCR, Adkins release new music
- 09/21/20: Runaway June announces Xmas EP
- 05/15/20: Runaway June adds Stovall one day after Mulholland leaves
- 05/14/20: Runaway June member leaves group
- 04/16/20: Runaway June member announces she contracted COVID-19
CD reviews for Runaway June
©Country Standard Time • Jeffrey B. Remz, editor & publisher • firstname.lastname@example.org
About • Copyright • Newsletter • Our sister publication Standard Time