Aldean, Urban, Swift lead list of CMA performers
Monday, October 7, 2013
– Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Tim McGraw, Blake Shelton, Taylor Swift and Keith Urban are all scheduled to perform. at the 47th annual Country Music Association awards in November.
They were the first artists announced for the annual event.
Hosted for the sixth consecutive year by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, the CMAs will air live from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville on Wednesday, Nov. 6 at 8-11 p.m. easternon ABC.
More news for Country Music Association
- 11/06/14: The CMA wrap
- 11/06/14: CMA TV numbers decline, but sweep the night
- 11/05/14: Lambert, Bentley, Urban win CMA honors
- 11/03/14: Doobies, Hayes, Swindell join CMA line-up
- 10/22/14: Paisley, Jackson, Tyler play Country Xmas show
- 10/14/14: CMA names broadcast award winners
- 10/06/14: CMA adds Aldean, Chesney, McGraw, Bentley
- 09/29/14: Lady A, LBT, TBP join CMA line-up
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: Brooks fires it up
Garth Brooks may have stood outside of country music by and large for 17 years, but he is jumping back in with both feet and more.
Brooks released "Man Against Machine" in November, his first disc of original music in 13 years. Last fall, he launched a world tour, which is rolling out with multiple dates in multiple cities, sometimes... »»»
Concert Review: Reverend Horton Heat makes it look easy
Reverend Horton Heat has been going at it for three decades now. It hasn't always been easy, admitted Jim Heath, the singer and axe grinder for the Dallas-based psychobilly band.
But Heath have been talking about making a go of it in the musical business, one presumes, because if talking about the music itself, his two band mates could have... »»»