Aldean, Urban, Swift lead list of CMA performers
Monday, October 7, 2013
– Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Tim McGraw, Blake Shelton, Taylor Swift and Keith Urban are all scheduled to perform. at the 47th annual Country Music Association awards in November.
They were the first artists announced for the annual event.
Hosted for the sixth consecutive year by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, the CMAs will air live from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville on Wednesday, Nov. 6 at 8-11 p.m. easternon ABC.
More news for Country Music Association
- 11/06/14: The CMA wrap
- 11/06/14: CMA TV numbers decline, but sweep the night
- 11/05/14: Lambert, Bentley, Urban win CMA honors
- 11/03/14: Doobies, Hayes, Swindell join CMA line-up
- 10/22/14: Paisley, Jackson, Tyler play Country Xmas show
- 10/14/14: CMA names broadcast award winners
- 10/06/14: CMA adds Aldean, Chesney, McGraw, Bentley
- 09/29/14: Lady A, LBT, TBP join CMA line-up
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: No arguing, years end great for Johnnyswim
Don't bother arguing with Abner Ramirez and his wife, Amanda Sudano about what a great year the two enjoyed in 2014. After all, they enjoyed two releases this year, an appearance on NPR, touring throughout the country and at the last show for the duo this year, Sudano sported a decidedly noticeable bulge around the middle.... »»»
Concert Review: Lowe gets on with tour
Nick Lowe made reference to the downer that's been a most unfortunate part of his Quality Holiday Revenue, not exactly the time of year when music, particularly of the holiday variety, should be sad.
But veteran British keyboardist Ian McLagan, who was slated to open the tour, died of a stroke as the tour was opening two weeks ago.... »»»