Aldean, Urban, Swift lead list of CMA performers
Monday, October 7, 2013
– Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Tim McGraw, Blake Shelton, Taylor Swift and Keith Urban are all scheduled to perform. at the 47th annual Country Music Association awards in November.
They were the first artists announced for the annual event.
Hosted for the sixth consecutive year by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, the CMAs will air live from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville on Wednesday, Nov. 6 at 8-11 p.m. easternon ABC.
More news for Country Music Association
- 04/07/15: Maddie & Tae, Brice join CMA nightly concerts
- 03/04/15: Paisley, Bentley, Aldean, FGL play CMA Music Fest
- 11/06/14: The CMA wrap
- 11/06/14: CMA TV numbers decline, but sweep the night
- 11/05/14: Lambert, Bentley, Urban win CMA honors
- 11/03/14: Doobies, Hayes, Swindell join CMA line-up
- 10/22/14: Paisley, Jackson, Tyler play Country Xmas show
- 10/14/14: CMA names broadcast award winners
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: For The Wailin' Jennys, the road provides antidote
Six shows in six nights for The Wailin' Jennys practically counts for a full-blown tour these days. In fact, this - the final stop - was the longest tour by the mainly Canadian trio playing folk and country since 2011 when the band released its last recording, "Bright Morning Stars."
A few dates here and there, but no new recording.... »»»
Concert Review: Lord Huron makes darkness sound good
Once upon a time, Lord Huron was the nom de guerre of Ben Schneider, who put out a few EPs entirely left to his own devices.
But these days, there is far more to this outfit mixing indie folk, rock and more than just Schneider in a concert that was invigorating, at times intense and filled with the knowhow for what makes for quality music.... »»»