Aldean, Urban, Swift lead list of CMA performers
Monday, October 7, 2013
– Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Tim McGraw, Blake Shelton, Taylor Swift and Keith Urban are all scheduled to perform. at the 47th annual Country Music Association awards in November.
They were the first artists announced for the annual event.
Hosted for the sixth consecutive year by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, the CMAs will air live from the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville on Wednesday, Nov. 6 at 8-11 p.m. easternon ABC.
More news for Country Music Association
- 04/20/17: Rhett, Ballerini host CMA Fest on TV
- 11/04/16: Beyonce, Chicks performance proves controversial
- 11/02/16: Stapleton, Bentley win early CMA honors
- 11/02/16: Brooks takes CMA Entertainer of the Year
- 10/26/16: Travis sings at CMAs
- 10/25/16: Alabama, B&D, Gill, Jackson, Reba, Strait perform at CMAs
- 10/10/16: Underwood, Paisley, Church to perform at CMAs
- 10/07/16: CMA announces broadcast winners
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: Hurray for the Riff Raff changes - in some ways
Hurray for the Riff Raff's new release, "The Navigator," was a long time coming - slightly more than three years after "Small Town Heroes," a strong roots-disc that found them touring incessantly.
A few things have changed in the interim for the New Orleans-based band, but one of them remains the presence of front woman Alynda Lee Segarra.... »»»
Concert Review: Nightflyer soars
Despite the stage being a touch small for a five-piece band, the highly entertaining and extremely talented Nightflyer delivered with that hard driving, high-energy country bluegrass sound fans have come to expect.
Joking that their contract only allowed them to play songs about trains, prison, whiskey, mama and Jesus, Nightflyer's diversity... »»»