CMA Music Fest gets underway
Thursday, June 6, 2013
– The CMA Music Festival got underway today as Lady Antebellum cut the ribbon on the Fan Fair X experience.
Lady A followed the ceremony with a performance and Q&A inside. Sara Evans opened the Riverfront Stage performances, the first of dozens of performances throughout the day at 10 different concerts.
The performances conclude with the LP Field concert. Performers are The Oak Ridge Boys, Tracy Lawrence, Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Miranda Lambert, the Zac Brown Band and Taylor Swift and will be taped for the Aug. 12 ABC-TV special.
The festival continues through Sunday.
More news for Country Music Association
- 04/07/15: Maddie & Tae, Brice join CMA nightly concerts
- 03/04/15: Paisley, Bentley, Aldean, FGL play CMA Music Fest
- 11/06/14: The CMA wrap
- 11/06/14: CMA TV numbers decline, but sweep the night
- 11/05/14: Lambert, Bentley, Urban win CMA honors
- 11/03/14: Doobies, Hayes, Swindell join CMA line-up
- 10/22/14: Paisley, Jackson, Tyler play Country Xmas show
- 10/14/14: CMA names broadcast award winners
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: Morlix overcomes album covers
Guitarist Gurf Morlix seemed ultra concerned when talking about his CD covers. Who could blame him when the two of his album covers - the just released "Eatin' At Me" and "Toad Of Titicaca" - received their share of criticism, which had nothing to do with the music contained therein? In fact, Morlix pointed out that he made... »»»
Concert Review: At Shaky Boots day 2, soggy weather doesn't dampen music
Some things are too good to last, and in Atlanta, that includes a rain-free weekend. The skies that were so clear and sunny on Shaky Boots' first day turned to rain on the second, but even that couldn't dampen the good mood of the attendees - or the good music.
John and Jacob, a new group from Alabama, won the award for best-dressed... »»»