CMA Music Fest adds Swift, Lambert, Paisley
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
– The line-up for the Country Music Festival stadium shows was released on Wednesday with acts ranging from Taylor Swift and Blake Shelton to Miranda Lambert and Brad Paisley playing.
Also joining the festival, slated for June 6-9 in Nashville, are Gary Allan, Dierks Bentley, Eric Church, Kelly Clarkson, Florida Georgia Line, Jake Owen, the Band Perry, Keith Urban and Zac Brown Band.
Luke Bryan, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town and Carrie Underwood previously were announced.
More news for Country Music Association
- 06/11/15: CMA fest gets underway
- 04/07/15: Maddie & Tae, Brice join CMA nightly concerts
- 03/04/15: Paisley, Bentley, Aldean, FGL play CMA Music Fest
- 11/06/14: The CMA wrap
- 11/06/14: CMA TV numbers decline, but sweep the night
- 11/05/14: Lambert, Bentley, Urban win CMA honors
- 11/03/14: Doobies, Hayes, Swindell join CMA line-up
- 10/22/14: Paisley, Jackson, Tyler play Country Xmas show
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: Rucker brings true southern style
Not all that long ago, contemporary country music concerts were evaluated on the amount (or lack thereof) of authentic country music elements in the performers' content. And make no mistake about it, this is still a relevant issue since so much of what passes as 'country' these days is hardly that at all. But perhaps a more pressing... »»»
Concert Review: Smiles galore, Chesney appears happiness
Kenny Chesney smiled often during his performance at The Rose Bowl. This wasn't some showbiz smile, either - it was sincere. Chesney appeared to be truly happy to be there. On a hot night in July, when Chesney brought his exuberant The Big Revival Tour to Pasadena, the joy he expressed while performing actually made you forget about all the heat... »»»