CMA Music Fest adds Swift, Lambert, Paisley
Wednesday, March 6, 2013
– The line-up for the Country Music Festival stadium shows was released on Wednesday with acts ranging from Taylor Swift and Blake Shelton to Miranda Lambert and Brad Paisley playing.
Also joining the festival, slated for June 6-9 in Nashville, are Gary Allan, Dierks Bentley, Eric Church, Kelly Clarkson, Florida Georgia Line, Jake Owen, the Band Perry, Keith Urban and Zac Brown Band.
Luke Bryan, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town and Carrie Underwood previously were announced.
More news for Country Music Association
- 11/06/14: The CMA wrap
- 11/06/14: CMA TV numbers decline, but sweep the night
- 11/05/14: Lambert, Bentley, Urban win CMA honors
- 11/03/14: Doobies, Hayes, Swindell join CMA line-up
- 10/22/14: Paisley, Jackson, Tyler play Country Xmas show
- 10/14/14: CMA names broadcast award winners
- 10/06/14: CMA adds Aldean, Chesney, McGraw, Bentley
- 09/29/14: Lady A, LBT, TBP join CMA line-up
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: Watkins steps out on his own
At the ripe old age of 39, Sean Watkins is doing things a bit differently when it comes to his music. By far the biggest sign is that he is in the midst of his first ever solo headlining tour.
That may seem a bit odd almost after having released four solo albums since 2001.
But when you have your main gig being in the trio Nickel Creek, pus other... »»»
Concert Review: No surprise, Jackson and friends still Keepin' It Country
Alan Jackson calling his current tour Keepin' It County reads like one of those 'no duh' statements because the Georgia born singer/songwriter has always kept his music traditional - even in the face of the continuing rock and pop-ization of contemporary country music. But keep it country he did once again for a sold out audience on the... »»»
Country News Digest
Elsewhere in the news
Currently at the CST blogs
Some in the mainstream country audience may only know Angaleena Presley as one of the two other
singers in Miranda Lambert's side group, Pistol Annies. But to view Presley in only that limited light would be selling her severely short. For starters, Pistol Annies is a trio of extra strong female country music writers and by no means merely Lambert's side group.... »»»