Bryan, Lady A, LBT, Underwood play CMA fest
Thursday, January 17, 2013
– Luke Bryan, Lady Antebellum, Little Big Town and Carrie Underwood will play the CMA Music Festival in Nashville on June 6-9.
"What an exciting lineup - and we are just getting started," said Steve Moore, CMA Chief Executive Officer "Ticket sales are stronger than ever and we are always researching and developing ways to enhance the festival experience for our attendees and the artists who continue this time-honored tradition of giving back to the fans."
More artists will be announced soon.
More news for Country Music Association
- 04/07/15: Maddie & Tae, Brice join CMA nightly concerts
- 03/04/15: Paisley, Bentley, Aldean, FGL play CMA Music Fest
- 11/06/14: The CMA wrap
- 11/06/14: CMA TV numbers decline, but sweep the night
- 11/05/14: Lambert, Bentley, Urban win CMA honors
- 11/03/14: Doobies, Hayes, Swindell join CMA line-up
- 10/22/14: Paisley, Jackson, Tyler play Country Xmas show
- 10/14/14: CMA names broadcast award winners
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: Yet again, Hurray for the Riff Raff feels no absence
Hurray for the Riff Raff could never be accused of living up to the adage "absence makes the heart grow fonder." In fact, this was their fourth appearance in the greater Boston area (that is if you count last year's Newport Folk Festival for being in the general areas) in 12 ½ months.
Like other shows, Hurray, which is really Alynda... »»»
Concert Review: Diversity rules at MerleFest
The answer to "What kind of music do they play at MerleFest?" is the Doc Watson-coined "Traditional plus" that denotes the long-running North Carolina festival's dedication to roots music as well as its willingness to embrace all sizes, flavors and colors of that broad category. On the opening day of this year's... »»»