Friday, September 13, 2019
– Blanco Brown, the man behind the hit song "The Git Up," will release his debut album, "Honeysuckle & Lightning Bugs," on Oct. 11 through BBR Music Group.
Inspired by his youth growing up in Atlanta during the school year and rural Georgia during the summers, the album title is a tribute to his split-location upbringing that taught him the value of diversity and uniting people, things and sounds, which ultimately lead to the creation of TrailerTrap, a new genre that fuses hip hop beats with 808's and traditional Country music, according to a press release.
"This album represents everything I stand for and all of the different entities of my life. For a long time, I was anxious about releasing my own music, I often wondered what the outcome would be and if people would accept my sound, culture, music and the TrailerTrap lifestyle but I'm finally ready to be my own narrator," said Brown. "I credit my friends, fans and family for rooting me on, giving me the confidence I lacked and propelling me to this moment."
Brown has enjoyed a hit with "The Git Up," released earlier this year.
Last night Blanco performed "The Git Up" at halftime during the Thursday Night Football game between the Carolina Panthers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
"I can't identify why I love (or don't love) a song. I just know what it feels like and how it hits me personally. This album has all of the elements of sound that I love and relate to," added Brown. "I went into the creation process and just allowed music to be what music is- it's un-boxable and I hope people find something in this album that hits them."
Brown signed to BBR Music Group/BMG in 2018. He has produced Fergie, Childish Gambino, Chris Brown and Kane Brown
The track listing is:
1."Temporary Insanity" - (Bennie Amey III)
2. "HeadNod" - (Bennie Amey III, Sam DiCesare, Abraham Abushmais, Ken Fambro)
3. "Funky Tonk" - (Bennie Amey III, Bennie Amey Jr., Quintin Amey, James Brabham)
4. "CountryTime" - (Bennie Amey III, Sam DiCesare, Abraham Abushmais)
5. "Georgia Power" - (Bennie Amey III, Isaiah Brown, John Whitfield, Dominic Crawford)
6. "Gemini (Damn Right)" - (Bennie Amey III, Quintin Amey)
7. "Ghett Ol Memories" - (Bennie Amey III, Corey Marquez Stephens, Liby Vongmanee)
8. "Don't Love Her" - (Bennie Amey III, Sam Dicesare)
9. "Tn Whiskey" - (Bennie Amey III)
10. "The Git Up" - (Bennie Amey III)
Brown will take to the road at the top of the year with Chris Lane on the BIG, BIG PLANS Tour.
Today, the music video for "The Git Up" will premiere across Viacom (BET, CMT, MTV and Nickelodeon) and will be available everywhere beginning Sept. 14. Filmed in Nashville and its surrounding areas, the video has been teased on the Viacom Times Square billboard all week and will make its world premiere at 6 a.m. eastern.