Stapleton, McEntire, Urban perform, present at ACM awards
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
– Chris Stapleton, Reba McEntire, Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood are among the acts announced today who will perform or be presenters at the 52nd annual Academy of Country Music Awards on April 2 from Last Vegas.
Christian artist Lauren Daigle, Faith Hill, Sam Hunt, Tim McGraw, Thomas Rhett and Cole Swindell also were named today as performers or presenters. It was not specified who would handle which role.
Previously announced performers include Jason Aldean, Kelsea Ballerini, Dierks Bentley, Brothers Osborne, Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line with the Backstreet Boys, Lady Antebellum, Kelsea Ballerini, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Maren Morris, and Jon Pardi.
The ACM Awards, co-hosted by Luke Bryan and Dierks Bentley, will broadcast live at 8 p.m. Eastern .
Addtional acts and presenters will be announced soon.
More news for Academy of Country Music
- 05/20/19: ACM announces early winners
- 04/07/19: ACMs: Urban wins Entertainer of the Year
- 04/02/19: Bryan, Shelton, Urban, Old Dominion added to ACM live performances
- 03/25/19: Combs, LANCO, McBrydew take ACM honors
- 03/12/19: Strait, Lambert, McEntire, Stapleton perform at ACMs
- 02/20/19: Stapleton, Dan + Shay, Fitchuk top ACM nominations
- 06/21/18: Cobb takes ACM honor
- 05/17/18: ACM announces industry, studio nominees
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: There's a lot to be said about The Felice Brothers
The Felice Brothers have soldiered on, occupying the fringes of the musical world with ups and downs. After not knowing whether the group would even continue following the departure of half of the band a few years ago, The Felice Brothers continued with a new rhythm section and a new album, "Undressed," that is heavily political.... »»»
Concert Review: Turner bring it on (to his second) home
Frank Turner opined during the first of four sold-out nights of the Lost Evenings Festival that Boston was his home away from his British home. The likable, accessible singer hit the sweet spot not only with his perspective, but his performance as well demonstrated why.
Turner made a major change in this year's festival. For the first time, he... »»»
Follow Country Standard Time
Elsewhere in the news
Currently at the CST blogs
After having huge success at the get go with "Redneck Woman," Wilson eventually went her own way and took a break. During her "hiatus," Wilson started her own label and was a "120 percent mom" to her teenage daughter.... »»»
A visit with Hayes Carll finds him taking a rare day off at home to discuss new album "What It Is" co-produced by Brad Jones and Carll's girlfriend, Allison Moorer. "This album works around three themes; our relationship (he and Moorer), the world and myself.... »»»