Stapleton, McEntire, Urban perform, present at ACM awards
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
– Chris Stapleton, Reba McEntire, Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood are among the acts announced today who will perform or be presenters at the 52nd annual Academy of Country Music Awards on April 2 from Last Vegas.
Christian artist Lauren Daigle, Faith Hill, Sam Hunt, Tim McGraw, Thomas Rhett and Cole Swindell also were named today as performers or presenters. It was not specified who would handle which role.
Previously announced performers include Jason Aldean, Kelsea Ballerini, Dierks Bentley, Brothers Osborne, Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line with the Backstreet Boys, Lady Antebellum, Kelsea Ballerini, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Maren Morris, and Jon Pardi.
The ACM Awards, co-hosted by Luke Bryan and Dierks Bentley, will broadcast live at 8 p.m. Eastern .
Addtional acts and presenters will be announced soon.
More news for Academy of Country Music
- 03/25/19: Combs, LANCO, McBrydew take ACM honors
- 03/12/19: Strait, Lambert, McEntire, Stapleton perform at ACMs
- 02/20/19: Stapleton, Dan + Shay, Fitchuk top ACM nominations
- 06/21/18: Cobb takes ACM honor
- 05/17/18: ACM announces industry, studio nominees
- 05/08/18: Bentley, Jackson, Hunt, Rucker win ACM honors
- 04/15/18: Aldean takes Entertainer of the Year at ACMs
- 04/11/18: ACMs throws back with collaborations
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: McLean shows far more than two good songs
If you believe one overheard remark, that a Don McLean concert features only two good songs ("American Pie," "Vincent"), you would have missed a show that strongly contradicts such an assumption. McLean's performance offered an enjoyable mixture of career highlights and favorite oldies and is by no means a two-hit wonder.... »»»
Follow Country Standard Time
Elsewhere in the news
Currently at the CST blogs
The Long Ryders have come a long way since they were initially associated with other Los Angeles relatively retro acts collected under the Paisley Underground umbrella. Even back during the mid to late '80s,... »»»
Suffice it to say that the past has always loomed large throughout Chip Taylor's career. That's all the more obvious if only for the fact that Taylor wrote some of the biggest pop hits of the '60s, "Wild Thing"... »»»
Dan Tyminski (known simply as "Tyminski" on his 2017 release "Southern Gothic") has traditional music roots and unassailable bluegrass street cred especially given his membership in Alison Krauss' Union Station. He is also a powerful songwriter and has been writing songs for himself and others for years now.... »»»