Paisley, Bentley, Aldean, FGL play CMA Music Fest
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
– Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley, Jason Aldean and Florida Georgia Line are among the acts playing the LP Field concerts at the CMA Music Festival in June, the festival announced today.
Eric Church, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum, Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley, Brett Eldredge, Cole Swindell, Darius Rucker, Little Big Town, Luke Bryan, Neal McCoy, Rascal Flatts, Sam Hunt, The Band Perry, The Oak Ridge Boys, Thomas Rhett, Wynonna & The Big Noise and Zac Brown Band also will play the nightly shows.
The festival will be held June 11-14.
More news for Country Music Association
- 11/13/19: Musgraves, Lil Nas X take home early CMA honors
- 11/13/19: Walsh joins CMA line-up
- 11/13/19: Brooks wins CMA's biggest honor
- 11/05/19: Kristofferson receives CMA Willie Nelson award honor
- 11/04/19: Gill, Mattea, Midland, McBride named as CMA presenters
- 10/29/19: Brooks, Musgraves, Nelson, B&D to perform at CMAs
- 10/23/19: Church, Stapleton, Combs, Lambert set to perform at CMAs
- 10/15/19: CMA visits Twin Cities with songwriters series
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: Henry comes out the other end a better man
Joe Henry mentioned at the outset that this show was not only the record release celebration, but also the anniversary - to the day - of when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Although the songs from this fine new album do not address his illness directly, they many times touch upon the big issues of human existence (life, death and the meaning of it all).... »»»
Concert Review: What's in a name? Strings lives up to it
Billy Strings may not be his real name, but the bluegrass performer more than lives up to his adopted moniker.
Bluegrass may not be the first style of music when one thinks of William Apostol's (yup, that's Billy's real name) home state of Michigan, but with more miles on the bus and shows like this outstanding, lengthy, lyrical night... »»»
Follow Country Standard Time
Elsewhere in the news
Currently at the CST blogs
Eleven years ago, Kelly stepped away from music. She had just finished touring on 2007's exquisite "Translated From Love" and felt the angst of being a travelling musician with family at home. At that point, Willis and her husband, musician/producer Bruce Robison,... »»»
For a brief moment last summer, the news of Tony Kinman's death was, if not greatly exaggerated, then at least fortuitously premature. The roots rock icon, known for his work in The Dils, Rank and File, Blackbird and Cowboy Nation with his younger brother Chip, had been diagnosed with cancer in March 2018,... »»»