Monday, February 4, 2013
– John Fogerty will release "I Wrote a Song For Everyone" on May 28 on Vanguard Records, his first for the label.
Fogerty's swamp rock Born On The Bayou, which he recorded with Kid Rock, was used by NFL Network in their coverage of Super Bowl XLVII played in New Orleans.
Produced by Fogerty, the disc is a celebration of his songbook and a collection of 12 classics and deep tracks plus two brand new songs, Mystic Highway and Train of Fools.
Fogerty performed alongside Foo Fighters, Bob Seger, Keith Urban, Jennifer Hudson, Kid Rock, Brad Paisley, the Zac Brown Band, My Morning Jacket, Alan Jackson and Miranda Lambert. Fogerty also recorded his classic Lodi with his sons Shane and Tyler Fogerty at Abbey Road Studios in London.
Songs on the CD are:
1. Fortunate Son (with Foo Fighters)
2. Almost Saturday Night (with Keith Urban)
3. Lodi (with Shane Fogerty and Tyler Fogerty)
4. Mystic Highway (John Fogerty solo)
5. Wrote a Song for Everyone (with Miranda Lambert feat. Tom Morello)
6. Bad Moon Rising (with Zac Brown Band)
7. Long As I Can See the Light (with My Morning Jacket)
8. Born on the Bayou (with Kid Rock)
9. Train of Fools (John Fogerty solo)
10. Someday Never Comes (with Dawes)
11. Who'll Stop the Rain (with Bob Seger)
12. Hot Rod Heart (with Brad Paisley)
13. Have You Ever Seen the Rain (with Alan Jackson)
14. Proud Mary (with Jennifer Hudson feat. Allen Toussaint and the Rebirth Brass Band)
Fogerty said in a cover story in the current (January/February) "Legends" issue of American Songwriter: "I encouraged each of these artists to come up with their own vision of my song, rather than just redoing what I'd recorded in the past. I was hoping they'd have some different twist so it would be fresh, so I'd have to work, too. I wanted it to be something new."
Beginning today (Feb. 4), the album is available for pre-order in both the iTunes and Amazon stores.
This is Fogerty's ninth studio solo album since disbanding Creedence Clearwater Revival. Mixed by Bob Clearmountain, it was recorded in Los Angeles and Nashville except for Proud Mary, which was recorded in New Orleans with Allen Toussaint and the Rebirth Brass Band. Fogerty recorded Fortunate Son with Foo Fighters at their 606 studio using the Neve recording console featured in the documentary "Sound City." Fogerty has performed with the Sound City Players, the all-star band assembled by Dave Grohl to play the music created for the film and other classics, at recent shows at both the Sundance Film Festival and the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles.
Fogerty will tour in 2013. He will be at this year's SXSW in Austin (dates/events TBA).