Americana fest coming in October
Thursday, December 16, 2010
– The Americana Music Association will holds it 12th Annual Festival & Conference in mid-October in November.
The association is offering, for an early bird registration rate of $200 for AMA members and $300 for non-members for the Oct. 12-15 event in downtown Nashville. Registration includes access to all daytime conference activities, all evening festival showcases, and one ticket to the Americana Honors & Awards show at the historic Ryman Auditorium.
An awards show featuring singing and handing out trophies panel discussions and concerts are featured throughout the event.
More news for Americana Music Association
- 07/23/14: Simpson, Devil Makes Three, Cantrell added to AmericanaFest
- 07/21/14: Americanafest NYC features Harris, Crowell, Cash
- 07/16/14: CST launches Kickstarter campaign for Americana fest
- 07/08/14: Lynn, Browne, Jimenez, Mahal honored by AMA
- 06/20/14: Avetts headline Americana fest show
- 06/13/14: Grammy awards add Americana category
- 05/12/14: Cash, Ellis, Isbell lead AMA nominations
- 09/19/13: Crowell/Harris, Shovels & Rope win honors at Americana fest
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: With Staples, Newport Folk Festival overcomes
The sun finally broke through, appropriately enough, on what had been an off-and-on rainy day at the third and final day of the Newport Folk Festival towards the end of long day with Mavis Staples headlining.
And while there were a few dour-type performances (Conor Oberst most prominently), the joy and palpable energy exuded by Staples, the scion of... »»»
Concert Review: With Aldean, lightng (and volume) strike
With Kenny on the bench this year, cities have doubled down on a heavy dose of the bro country movement. Luke Bryan is playing the football stadiums while Jason Aldean takes on the ball parks.
On a rain drenched Saturday night, Aldean set up shop in center field in Pittsburgh's PNC Park. Still touring behind last year's number one... »»»