Strait, Lambert, McEntire, Stapleton perform at ACMs
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
– George Strait, Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire and Chris Stapleton were among the first artists named to perform at the upcoming Academy of Country Music awards.
Brothers Osborne, Kane Brown, Little Big Town, Maren Morris and Thomas Rhett also will take the stage to perform.
ACM Dick Clark Artist of the Decade Award winner Jason Aldean will perform on the telecast, which was previously announced. Additional acts and presenters will be announced in the coming weeks.
The awards show will be at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sunday, April 7, at 8 a.m. eastern on CBS.
More news for Academy of Country Music
- 05/28/19: Brooks & Dunn, Lambert, Musgraves, McBride take ACM honors
- 05/20/19: ACM announces early winners
- 04/07/19: ACMs: Urban wins Entertainer of the Year
- 04/02/19: Bryan, Shelton, Urban, Old Dominion added to ACM live performances
- 03/25/19: Combs, LANCO, McBrydew take ACM honors
- 02/20/19: Stapleton, Dan + Shay, Fitchuk top ACM nominations
- 06/21/18: Cobb takes ACM honor
- 05/17/18: ACM announces industry, studio nominees
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: Carlile goes from excellent to memorable musical event
The last time Brandi Carlile came through town, she was promoting 2018's "By the Way, I Forgive You," which would deservedly go on to win the 2019 Grammy Award for Best Americana Album. This time out, Carlile performed fewer songs from that strong effort, which amounted to a more well-rounded live overview of her career to date.... »»»
Concert Review: Tuttle does well by coming home
Molly Tuttle has won kudos for her acoustic guitar playing. So much so that she's captured the IBMA award for Guitarist of the Year, the first female to win that acclaim from the bluegrass organization. But it's not so much Tuttle's guitar playing that stood out live.
Yes, that serves her well for sure. But it's more that her... »»»
Follow Country Standard Time
Elsewhere in the news
Currently at the CST blogs
John Paul White, to paraphrase a Steve Earle song, may just be one of the last of the hardcore troubadours. By 'troubadour,' we mean one of those guys that lives to write great songs - more specifically, great country songs - and then get these songs into the ears of folks that... »»»
A lot of the early reviews for "American Love Song," Ryan Bingham's latest set of raucous and reflective Americana brilliance, have characterized it as the singer/ songwriter's most personal album to date.... »»»