Wallen slates debut for late April
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
– Morgan Wallen will release his debut album "If I Know Me," on April 27 on Big Loud Records.
Wallen, 24, co-wrote six songs for the 14-song album, produced by CMA and ACM Award winner Joey Moi. Wallen infuses the music with whiskey-soaked vocals and a Southern rock edge. The first single is "Up Down," featuring Florida Georgia Line.
The track listing is:
1. "Up Down" (Feat. Florida Georgia Line) (Brad Clawson, CJ Solar, Michael Hardy)
2. "Happy Hour" (Corey Crowder, Michael Hardy, Craig Wiseman)
3. "Had Me By Halftime" (Michael Hardy, James McNair, Josh Miller, Daniel Ross, Morgan Wallen)
4. "Whiskey Glasses" (Ben Burgess, Kevin Kadish)
5. "Whatcha Know 'Bout That" (Michael Hardy, Cameron Montgomery, Craig Wiseman, Josh Leo, Jim Photoglo, Wendy Waldman)
6. "Redneck Love Song" (David Garcia, Michael Hardy, Hillary Lindsey, Josh Miller)
7. "Little Rain" (Matt Dragstrem, Chase McGill, Ben Hayslip)
8. "If I Know Me" (Michael Hardy, Ernest Keith Smith, Ryan Vojtesak, Morgan Wallen)
9. "Chasin' You" (Jamie Moore, Morgan Wallen, Craig Wiseman)
10. "The Way I Talk" (Jessi Alexander, Ben Hayslip, Chase McGill)
11. "If I Ever Get You Back" (Dallas Davidson, Matt Dragstrem, Ben Hayslip)
12. "Gone Girl" (Jessi Alexander, Cameron Montgomery, Deric Ruttan, Morgan Wallen, Michael Hardy)
13. "Not Good At Not" (Brett Tyler, Morgan Wallen, Craig Wiseman)
14. "Talkin' Tennessee" (Jeff Hyde, Morgan Wallen, Craig Wiseman)
Wallen will make his Stagecoach Festival debut before continuing his headlining Up Down Tour. He then joins Luke Bryan's What Makes You Country Tour on May 31 in Toronto.
Wallen has co-penned songs for A Thousand Horses ("Preachin' to the Choir"), Dustin Lynch ("Party Song" from "Current Mood") and Kane Brown ("Rockstars" from Brown's self-titled debut full length), as well as Jason Aldean's Top 5 "You Make It Easy." Wallen's five-song EP "The Way I Talk" came out in 2016.
Born in Sneedville, Tenn., Wallen attended the same high school as Kenny Chesney. With a hard rock-loving preacher for a father and a mother who into country and contemporary Christian music, Wallen began performing for his local congregation at three.
Wallen makes his debut on the Jimmy Kimmel Show on April 26.
More news for Morgan Wallen
CD reviews for Morgan Wallen
If I Know Me
"Like a lot of people my age, I didn't necessarily grow up listening to country music...I grew up living it." It's a little unsettling thought from the 24-year old Morgan Wallen. You wouldn't want to hear from your doctor that they substituted book learning for feel. But music may well be different, and Wallen does have some legitimate country cred - he hails not far from the Tennessee Cumberland Gap and went to Kenny Chesney's high school (What an alumni party that would be!). »»»
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: Guthrie brings welcome vibe of sweetness
Before launching into "This Land is Your Land," Arlo Guthrie recalled how his father taught him this song when he was just eight or nine. His father, however, wasn't just any father, but the father of protest folk music, Woody Guthrie. Then when Arlo's daughter, Sarah Lee Guthrie, took the stage midway through the first half of the... »»»
Follow Country Standard Time
Elsewhere in the news
Currently at the CST blogs
The Long Ryders have come a long way since they were initially associated with other Los Angeles relatively retro acts collected under the Paisley Underground umbrella. Even back during the mid to late '80s,... »»»
Suffice it to say that the past has always loomed large throughout Chip Taylor's career. That's all the more obvious if only for the fact that Taylor wrote some of the biggest pop hits of the '60s, "Wild Thing"... »»»
Dan Tyminski (known simply as "Tyminski" on his 2017 release "Southern Gothic") has traditional music roots and unassailable bluegrass street cred especially given his membership in Alison Krauss' Union Station. He is also a powerful songwriter and has been writing songs for himself and others for years now.... »»»
Love and Revelation
Some might say all you need to know about Over The Rhine is its primary lead vocalist, Karin Bergquist. And that's true; her angelic singing - alone throughout "Love & Revelation" - makes the album well worth your ear time. »»»
Maren Morris, who had a huge pop hit with "The Middle," is never going to be anybody's ideal traditional country singer. Although, thankfully, there isn't anything that mind-numbingly beat-driven on her "GIRL" album, »»»
As a genre, Americana has become a massive umbrella, and yet, the actual definition remains elusive at best. Still, for those that relate to its former manifestation as "roots rock" or "country crossover," the Vandoliers come remarkably close to identifying with a definitive sound. »»»
Call Me Lucky
2018 was a transitional year for Dale Watson. For decades, Watson has been both a pillar of the Austin music scene and one of Texas's most visible and passionate musical ambassadors. Given his Lone Star State roots, »»»
American Love Song
It seems like Ryan Bingham has only fallen up over the course of his 15-year career. A roommate's brother turned out to be a hobbyist drummer and became the foundation for Bingham's band, the Dead Horses. »»»