Wallen slates debut for late April
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
– Morgan Wallen will release his debut album "If I Know Me," on April 27 on Big Loud Records.
Wallen, 24, co-wrote six songs for the 14-song album, produced by CMA and ACM Award winner Joey Moi. Wallen infuses the music with whiskey-soaked vocals and a Southern rock edge. The first single is "Up Down," featuring Florida Georgia Line.
The track listing is:
1. "Up Down" (Feat. Florida Georgia Line) (Brad Clawson, CJ Solar, Michael Hardy)
2. "Happy Hour" (Corey Crowder, Michael Hardy, Craig Wiseman)
3. "Had Me By Halftime" (Michael Hardy, James McNair, Josh Miller, Daniel Ross, Morgan Wallen)
4. "Whiskey Glasses" (Ben Burgess, Kevin Kadish)
5. "Whatcha Know 'Bout That" (Michael Hardy, Cameron Montgomery, Craig Wiseman, Josh Leo, Jim Photoglo, Wendy Waldman)
6. "Redneck Love Song" (David Garcia, Michael Hardy, Hillary Lindsey, Josh Miller)
7. "Little Rain" (Matt Dragstrem, Chase McGill, Ben Hayslip)
8. "If I Know Me" (Michael Hardy, Ernest Keith Smith, Ryan Vojtesak, Morgan Wallen)
9. "Chasin' You" (Jamie Moore, Morgan Wallen, Craig Wiseman)
10. "The Way I Talk" (Jessi Alexander, Ben Hayslip, Chase McGill)
11. "If I Ever Get You Back" (Dallas Davidson, Matt Dragstrem, Ben Hayslip)
12. "Gone Girl" (Jessi Alexander, Cameron Montgomery, Deric Ruttan, Morgan Wallen, Michael Hardy)
13. "Not Good At Not" (Brett Tyler, Morgan Wallen, Craig Wiseman)
14. "Talkin' Tennessee" (Jeff Hyde, Morgan Wallen, Craig Wiseman)
Wallen will make his Stagecoach Festival debut before continuing his headlining Up Down Tour. He then joins Luke Bryan's What Makes You Country Tour on May 31 in Toronto.
Wallen has co-penned songs for A Thousand Horses ("Preachin' to the Choir"), Dustin Lynch ("Party Song" from "Current Mood") and Kane Brown ("Rockstars" from Brown's self-titled debut full length), as well as Jason Aldean's Top 5 "You Make It Easy." Wallen's five-song EP "The Way I Talk" came out in 2016.
Born in Sneedville, Tenn., Wallen attended the same high school as Kenny Chesney. With a hard rock-loving preacher for a father and a mother who into country and contemporary Christian music, Wallen began performing for his local congregation at three.
Wallen makes his debut on the Jimmy Kimmel Show on April 26.
More news for Morgan Wallen
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: Richey needn't chase any more
The opening lines of Kim Richey's "Chase Wild Horses," one of the best tracks on her excellent new CD, "Edgeland," starts with the lines:
"I don't chase wild horses any more/I'm all done running from the way I was before
Things I've done that I ain't proud of / I can't even stand the sound of
Follow Country Standard Time
Elsewhere in the news
Currently at the CST blogs
Dan Tyminski (known simply as "Tyminski" on his 2017 release "Southern Gothic") has traditional music roots and unassailable bluegrass street cred especially given his membership in Alison Krauss' Union Station. He is also a powerful songwriter and has been writing songs for himself and others for years now.... »»»
Bela Fleck and Abigail Washburn have powerhouse individual talents; each has followed an estimable career path to where they find themselves today: making complex, but spare, records, writing music together and touring with their son Juno. Their new release, "Echoes In The Valley" features mostly songs written by Fleck and Washburn, banjos, Washburn's strong vocals and very little else.... »»»
Legends don't come any more legendary than Chris Hillman. The roll call of bands that comprises Hillman's half century in music reads like a wing exhibit at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame; Byrds, Flying Burrito Brothers, Manassas, the Souther Hillman Furay Band, the Desert Rose Band,... »»»
Apparently someone to forgot to tell Joshua Hedley that country music has passed him by. Where does Hedley, aka apparently known as the Mayor of Lower Broad, come off to incorporating honky tonk, Texas swing, western swing and countrypolitan all in the first three songs of his debut? »»»
Dave Cobb produced "Volunteer" for Old Crow Medicine Show, and while word on the street was that this promised to be a more rocking, less roots music effort, such talk shouldn't dissuade fans of the group's established sound from checking it out. »»»