Chesney, Lady A, Shelton, Urban join ACM awards
Wednesday, March 21, 2018
– Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum, Blake Shelton and Keith Urban were added to the lineup of performers for the 53rd Academy of Country Music Awards.
New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees, "Entertainment Tonight" host Nancy O'Dell, actress Rebecca Romijn and Olympic Alpine Skier Lindsey Vonn will present awards.
The awards, hosted by Reba McEntire, will be held in Las Vegas on April on CBS.
Previously announced ACM Awards performers include Jason Aldean, Kelsea Ballerini, Dierks Bentley, Luke Bryan, Florida Georgia Line, Miranda Lambert, Maren Morris, Bebe Rexha and Thomas Rhett.
More news for Academy of Country Music
- 03/12/19: Strait, Lambert, McEntire, Stapleton perform at ACMs
- 02/20/19: Stapleton, Dan + Shay, Fitchuk top ACM nominations
- 06/21/18: Cobb takes ACM honor
- 05/17/18: ACM announces industry, studio nominees
- 05/08/18: Bentley, Jackson, Hunt, Rucker win ACM honors
- 04/15/18: Aldean takes Entertainer of the Year at ACMs
- 04/11/18: ACMs throws back with collaborations
- 03/29/18: Jackson, Little Big Town named as ACM performers
Editorial: Walking the talk
When names like Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Waylon and the Hag are invoked, you're talking hard core country. These are the touchstones of country , the guys who made country music what it was and still is (or maybe can be). When these folks would sing about being down-and-out and the rough-and-tumble, they knew of what they were singing about. Fast forward a few years to the country singers of today. »»»
Concert Review: Guthrie brings welcome vibe of sweetness
Before launching into "This Land is Your Land," Arlo Guthrie recalled how his father taught him this song when he was just eight or nine. His father, however, wasn't just any father, but the father of protest folk music, Woody Guthrie. Then when Arlo's daughter, Sarah Lee Guthrie, took the stage midway through the first half of the... »»»
Follow Country Standard Time
Elsewhere in the news
Currently at the CST blogs
The Long Ryders have come a long way since they were initially associated with other Los Angeles relatively retro acts collected under the Paisley Underground umbrella. Even back during the mid to late '80s,... »»»
Suffice it to say that the past has always loomed large throughout Chip Taylor's career. That's all the more obvious if only for the fact that Taylor wrote some of the biggest pop hits of the '60s, "Wild Thing"... »»»