August 15, 2019
- Cody Jinks asked the crowd a bit into his show how many had never seen him before. It seemed like Jinks has made a lot of musical inroads into the public's consciousness because roughly three... »»»
August 13, 2019
- Woodstock 50 may never have happened, but that original monumental event was certainly in the air at John Fogerty's My 50 Year Trip Tour before, during and after.
The before and after was in the... »»»
July 29, 2019
- The list of country artists going the duet route these days is slim. Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood somewhat. Tim McGraw and Faith Hill far more so. And at this particular point in time, veterans Bruce... »»»
July 28, 2019
- The venerated Newport Folk Festival usually offers the element of surprise - artists who take their minutes in the sun and come out shining even more.
In the final of three days of the Rhode... »»»
July 26, 2019
- In this day and age where being female doesn't seem to bring any rewards in the music business, Newport Folk Festival day one was most pointedly highlight by the presence of numerous high level female performers.... »»»
July 25, 2019
- When Brothers Osborne opened their concert with "Drank Like Hank," they played it at full volume, much like any other rock show. The thought then crosses the mind: Is this going to be another... »»»
July 17, 2019
- The last time Brandi Carlile came through town, she was promoting 2018's "By the Way, I Forgive You," which would deservedly go on to win the 2019 Grammy Award for Best Americana Album.... »»»
July 17, 2019
- Molly Tuttle has won kudos for her acoustic guitar playing. So much so that she's captured the IBMA award for Guitarist of the Year, the first female to win that acclaim from the bluegrass organization.... »»»
July 10, 2019
- Amythyst Kiah's music career has seemingly been a slow burn, but that well could be changing. She was part of the quartet that put out the very fine "Songs of Our Native Daughters" earlier... »»»
July 1, 2019
- Asleep at the Wheel has managed to keep the flame of Western Swing music alive for 49 years and with shows like this, showed no signs of slowing down.
For AATW, that meant paying a lot of tribute for the... »»»