December 7, 2017
- After each of the first few songs Charlie Daniels played, his 'fiddle tech (?)' exchanged his bow. Is this because he was playing particularly hard? Perhaps. Whatever the case, Daniels and his... »»»
November 29, 2017
- Every once in awhile David Rawlings moves out of the shadow of musical mate Gillian Welch to launch his own tour. While Welch, for whom Rawlings plays guitar, has the more prominent career, nights like... »»»
November 22, 2017
- X did not celebrate its 40th anniversary with much ballyhoo. There were no celebrity special guests. Not much reminiscing. Instead, the band rocked hard, like they've been doing for the past four... »»»
November 17, 2017
- Luke Combs rode very high into Beantown. After all, he played a show that sold-out a 2,500-person venue super fast. And the North Carolina native appeared during the same week he scored his second... »»»
November 15, 2017
- The Lone Bellow did something a little different with each of their three releases - their latest, "Walk Into a Storm," was recorded in Nashville where they now live and produced by uber... »»»
November 13, 2017
- The Strumbellas' formula is a simple one - write an anthemic sounding sing-a-long with a catchy chorus, which you can repeat ad nauseum to greater and greater effect.
That may sound like a quick... »»»
November 11, 2017
- Shortly after the Josh Abbott Band finished its open song, "The Night is Ours," band leader Abbott proclaimed, "That's our theme song this year."
Presumably Abbott was referring... »»»
November 7, 2017
- Blitzen Trapper has been at it for about 15 years running. While they may not have an especially high profile, that may be due more to the vagaries of the music business than a lack of effort and chops.... »»»
October 31, 2017
- In this day and age, when musicians are loath to be pigeon-holed into a specific genre, Willie Watson has no problems with that. He fully embraces folk music.
"I'm a folk singer," the... »»»
October 29, 2017
- Knowing nothing about Colter Wall and hearing his CD, one might suspect he's old. Really old. He may sound like a raw, grizzled veteran, but, in fact, the Nashville resident by way of Saskatchewan,... »»»