March 25, 2015
- The idea of releasing "Brotherhood" by veteran bluegrass band The Gibson Brothers was a natural. The disc paid tribute to a long list of brother acts including the Everlys and lesser known acts... »»»
March 22, 2015
- In their own right, Allison Moorer and Mary Gauthier did not really need the other because each is most capable of headlining.
But in one of those geniuses of booking, fans had the chance to see the... »»»
March 21, 2015
- Times have changed for Brothers Alvin. In the past, Dave consciously stoked the notion that he and elder brother Phil were combative in the tradition of the Davies boys of The Kinks and the Gallaghers of Oasis.... »»»
March 18, 2015
- Lindsay Lou told the crowd that two years ago, the band she fronts, Lindsay Lou & the Flatbellys, knocked off 190 shows. Last year, they were tailed off to 150.
Don't therefore assume things are... »»»
March 12, 2015
- The Locust Honey String Band proved that you can come home again, and they sure made it sound good too.
The group, really a duo with a revolving cast of two touring sidekicks, has been based in... »»»
March 7, 2015
- As The Punch Brothers took the stage for their two-song encore, an exuberant fan yelled out, "You're so good, you suck." Banjo player Noam Pikelny repeated the imprecation for the rest of... »»»
March 6, 2015
- Ever since their breakthrough 2009 album "I And Love And You," where producer Rick Rubin brought the band's bluegrass/old-time/folk/rock mayhem under a modicum of control and they began to... »»»
March 4, 2015
- The parts of the Earls of Leicester are extremely solid, but so is the sum. That became quite apparent when the bluegrass superstar sextet released its debut in September 2014 along with its first live... »»»
March 1, 2015
- At the ripe old age of 39, Sean Watkins is doing things a bit differently when it comes to his music. By far the biggest sign is that he is in the midst of his first ever solo headlining tour.... »»»
February 27, 2015
- Alan Jackson calling his current tour Keepin' It County reads like one of those 'no duh' statements because the Georgia born singer/songwriter has always kept his music traditional - even... »»»