October 30, 2014
- "I sing because I'm happy," sang Abigail Washburn toward the end of her show with fellow banjo picker (not to mention, husband) Bela Fleck in the closing number of the night "His Eye... »»»
October 27, 2014
- The Jayhawks have not released any new music since 2011's "Mockingbird Time," but, well actually, there are reasons for one of the key contributors to the alt.-country music.... »»»
October 23, 2014
- Eric Church starts his excellent new release, "The Outsiders," with the spoken words "They're the in-crowd, we're the other ones." And that's true in more ways than one... »»»
October 12, 2014
- Doug Seegers probably should be pinching himself these days. He's not some country music cover boy or hunk wearing a baseball hat or highlighting a bunch of tattoos.
If looking for opposites of... »»»
October 11, 2014
- Cynical naysayers without a clue would aim their vitriol at Carlene Carter. Yes, she is one of the progeny of the Carter family, the first family of country music. And she is quite proud of it.... »»»
October 1, 2014
- "I'm the king of awkward," proclaimed Hunter Hayes early on during the show in a city that must almost feel like home for the Louisiana native. He had just taken out a guitar to play, but... »»»
September 27, 2014
- Things are go swimmingly - pun intended - for Shovels & Rope, the South Carolina-based duo comprised of husband-and-wife Cary Ann Hearst and Michael Trent.
For starters, their new disc,... »»»
September 17, 2014
- It's the final night of the 2014 Americana Festival and Conference, and the final event of a spectacular five-day run. Lucinda Williams is about to begin a last minute invitation-only performance at... »»»
September 11, 2014
- The animals ruled, for the most part, led by Trampled by Turtles, in a superb trifecta of music long on musicianship and quality songs.
Trampled by Turtles, who headlined the sterling bill that also... »»»
September 9, 2014
- Goodnight, Texas is a town with a small population - 28 according to the band's web site. So, if anything is going to put the unincorporated dot on the map, it may be the bi-coastal country band... »»»